Welcome to CreditMyRent.com (the “Site”). Your access and use of the Site, features, products and services provided by CreditMyRent.com(“CreditMyRent.com,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) through the Site,
You must agree to this ToU in order to use the Service. If you use the Service, or click to accept or agree to this ToU if presented to you in a user interface for the Service,
we will understand this as your acceptance of this ToU and your agreement to all of its terms and conditions. By accepting this ToU or using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to enter a contract in the jurisdiction where you reside.
If you are a renter, by submitting Submitted Information (defined in Section 12 below) such as your name and rent amount, you agree that CreditMyRent.com may contact your landlord or property manager to verify such information.
If you are a landlord or property manager, you acknowledge and agree that you have read the “Notice to Furnishers of Information” at the end of this ToU.
If you are using the Service on behalf of your employer or another entity (“Organization”), you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your Organization to this ToU. Accordingly,
all references in this ToU to “you” or “your” shall be deemed to include your Organization, except where the context may otherwise require. If you do not have such authority,
then you may not use the Service on behalf of your Organization and you must discontinue all use of the Service immediately.
1. ToU Updates.CreditMyRent.com may update this ToU at any time, and CreditMyRent.com will post the updated version of this ToU on the Site.
You understand and agree that you will be deemed to have accepted the updated ToU if you use any aspect of the Service after the updated ToU is posted.
If at any point you do not agree to any portion of this ToU then in effect, you must immediately stop using the Service.
2. Provision of the Service.You are responsible for any Internet connection and telecommunications fees and charges that you incur when accessing the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that CreditMyRent.com may make changes to any aspect of the Service at any time without notifying you in advance.
3. Termination of Service. CreditMyRent.com reserves the right to deny service to any person or entity at CreditMyRent.com’s sole and absolute discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that CreditMyRent.com may stop providing the Service or restrict your use of the Service at any time, without notifying you in advance,
for any reason or no reason, including, without limitation, for any violation of this ToU or if CreditMyRent.com suspects that you have used any aspect of the Service to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.
If CreditMyRent.com disables your access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Service, your account details or any materials contained in your account.
4. Accounts and Security.4.1. Account. To access certain features of the Service, you must have an account. You may only register for an account if you are eighteen or older and have a valid U.S. Social Security Number.
By registering, you certify that you meet these criteria. You may be required to provide information about yourself as part of the registration process or your continued use of the Service.
All information you provide to us must be true, accurate, current, and complete information. You are required to keep all information up to date and accurate. You agree not to misrepresent your identity,
your personal information, or other information you provide to us.
4.2. Fees. You agree to pay all applicable fees and taxes incurred by you or anyone using your account. Unless otherwise noted, all currency references are in U.S. dollars.
All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes payable. CreditMyRent.com may, from time to time,
modify, amend, or supplement its pricing and billing procedures, and such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting a link to an update of this ToU or posting such changes elsewhere on the Site.
If there is a dispute regarding your payment of fees, or the Service, CreditMyRent.com shall have the right to terminate your account without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt,
if you purchase a monthly (or other periodic) membership, you agree and acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment charge each month on the date of your subscription at the then-current subscription rate,
and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation, including where applicable any charges processed by CreditMyRent.comafter the expiration date of your payment card.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.
4.3. Account Security. Maintaining account security is very important. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password.
You agree to notify CreditMyRent.com immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account.
4.4. Account Sharing or Transfers. You may not register an account for anyone but yourself. Accounts may not be sold, traded,
gifted or otherwise transferred at any time under any circumstances. You may not share your account with, or disclose your password to, anyone else.
4.5. Cancellation by You. You have the right to cancel your subscription or your account at any time.
You may cancel either your subscription or your account by following the cancel by contacting us via email at help@CreditMyRent.com
If you cancel a subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. After you cancel your account,
information previously shared with other users may remain viewable by those users until they delete such information.
4.6. Termination by CreditMyRent.com. CreditMyRent.com may at any time terminate your account if:
- CreditMyRent.com determines that you are (i) in breach of or otherwise acting inconsistently with this ToU or
(ii) engaging in fraudulent or illegal activities or other conduct that may result in liability to CreditMyRent.com;
- CreditMyRent.com determines it is required by law to terminate your account; or
- CreditMyRent.com decides to stop providing the Service or critical portions of the Service.
4.7. Effect of Account Termination or Cancellation. If you voluntarily terminate your account or allow your account to lapse,
you may reactivate that account at any time by logging in to the Service through the Site and reactivating the account.
Accounts terminated by CreditMyRent.com for any type of abuse including, without limitation, a violation of this ToU,
may not be reactivated for any reason.
5. Use Requirements.5.1. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this ToU, CreditMyRent.com hereby grants you a limited,
non-exclusive, personal, non-sublicensable, non-assignable license to use the Service,
which may only be used in connection with the Service and in accordance with this ToU and any rules,
restrictions or documentation set forth by CreditMyRent.com from time to time.
5.2. Updates. You acknowledge and agree that CreditMyRent.com may update the Service from time to time with or without notifying you,
and may add or remove features or functions to the Service at any time in its sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that CreditMyRent.com has no obligation to make the Service available to you,
make any subsequent versions of the Site available to you or to continue to support the Service in any way.
You acknowledge that your access to the Service may not be continuous, features may change during your use of the Service,
and CreditMyRent.com may terminate your access to the Service or stop offering the Service at any time.
6. Restrictions and Conditions of Use.6.1. Use of the Service.
CreditMyRent.com permits you to view and use the Service solely for your own personal use.
You agree not to license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information,
content, materials, data or services obtained from the Service. CreditMyRent.com reserves the right to add or remove information,
content or Services from the Site at any time at its sole discretion.
6.2. Accessing the Service. You agree not to access, or attempt to access,
the Service by any means other than through the user interface provided through the Site.
You specifically agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Service through any automated means
(including, without limitation, through the use of scripts, bots, spiders or web crawlers) and you agree to comply with the instructions contained in any robots.txt file present on the Service.
6.3. No Violation of Laws. You agree that you will not, in connection with your use of the Service,
violate any applicable law, ordinance, rule, regulation or treaty. Without limiting the foregoing,
you agree that you will not make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright,
trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity).
6.4. Use Restrictions. You may not connect to or use the Service in any way that is not expressly permitted by this ToU.
- You may not: (i) remove any proprietary notices from the Service; (ii) cause, permit or authorize the modification,
creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of the Service;
(iii) sell, assign, rent, lease, act as a service bureau, or grant rights in the Service, including, without limitation,
through sublicense, to any other person or entity without the prior written consent of CreditMyRent.com; or
(iv) make any false, misleading or deceptive statement or representation regarding CreditMyRent.com or the Service.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (i) institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack including,
without limitation, denial of service attacks, upon the Service (or any servers, systems or networks connected to the Service)
or otherwise attempt to obstruct, disrupt or interfere with the operation of the Service or any other person’s or entity’s use of the Service (or any servers, systems or networks connected to the Service);
(ii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the Service, accounts registered to other users, or any servers, systems or networks connected to the Service;
(iii) use the Service for any commercial purpose unless consistent with this ToU and the intended use of the same, or for the benefit of any third party,
or charge any person or entity, or receive any compensation for, the use of the Service, unless you are specifically authorized to do so in a separate written agreement with CreditMyRent.com;
(iv) use the Service to develop, generate, transmit or store information that is defamatory, harmful, abusive, obscene or hateful;
(iv) use the Service to perform any unsolicited commercial communication not permitted by applicable law; or (v) use the Service to engage in any activity that
(A) constitutes harassment or a violation of privacy or threatens other people or groups of people; (B) is harmful to children in any manner;
(C) constitutes phishing, pharming or impersonates any other person or entity, or steals or assumes any person’s identity (whether a real identity or online nickname or alias); or
(D) violates any applicable law, ordinance, rule, regulation or treaty.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Service for any other unlawful, prohibited,
abnormal or unusual activity as determined by CreditMyRent.com in its sole discretion.
6.5. No Data Mining or Harmful Code. You agree that you will not (a) obtain or attempt to obtain any information from the Service including, without limitation, email addresses or mobile phone numbers of other account holders or other data; (b) intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by the Service, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device; or (c) use any type of bot, spider, virus, clock, timer, counter, worm, software lock, drop dead device, Trojan horse, trap door, time bomb or any other codes, instructions or third party software that is designed to provide a means of surreptitious or unauthorized access to, or distort, delete, damage or disassemble, any aspect of the Service.
6.6. Violation of this ToU. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible, and CreditMyRent.com has no responsibility or liability to you or any other person or entity, for any breach by you of this ToU or for the consequences of any such breach. CreditMyRent.com may at its option, terminate its relationship with you, or may suspend your account immediately if it determines you are using the Service contrary to the restrictions found in this Section 6 or any other terms of this ToU.
7. Links.7.1. Links from the Site. The Site may contain links to websites operated by other parties. CreditMyRent.com provides these links to other websites as a convenience and use of these websites is at your own risk. The linked websites are not under the control of CreditMyRent.com and CreditMyRent.com is not responsible for the content available on the other websites.
7.2. Links to the Site. Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and CreditMyRent.com, you must adhere to CreditMyRent.com’s linking policy as follows: (a) the appearance, position and other aspects of any link to the Site may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with CreditMyRent.com’s or its licensors’ names and trademarks; (b) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with CreditMyRent.coms; and (c) when selected by a User, the link to the Site must display the Site on full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linking website. CreditMyRent.com reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion.
8. Intellectual Property.8.1. Trademarks. The CreditMyRent.coms name and logo are trademarks and service marks of CreditMyRent.com. Unless permitted in a separate written agreement with CreditMyRent.com, you do not have the right to use any of CreditMyRent.com’ trademarks, service marks or logos and your unauthorized use of any of these may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
8.2. Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that CreditMyRent.com, or its licensors, owns all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including all intellectual property, industrial property and proprietary rights recognized anywhere in the world at any time and that the Service is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Further, you acknowledge that the Service may contain information that CreditMyRent.com has designated as confidential and you agree not to disclose such information without CreditMyRent.com’s prior written consent.
9. Social Networks.The Service includes features that operate in conjunction with certain third party social networking websites, such as Facebook (“Social Network Features”). While your use of the Social Network Features is governed by this ToU, your access and use of third party social networking websites and the services provided through these websites is governed by the terms of service and other agreements posted on these websites. You understand and acknowledge that the Service is not endorsed or certified by any of the aforementioned social networking websites.
10. Location.The Service is operated by CreditMyRent.com in the United States. If you choose to access the Service from a location outside of the United States, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
12.1. We do not endorse, represent, or guarantee the completeness, accuracy, reliability or usefulness of any Submitted Information. Submitted Information is entirely the responsibility of the person from whom such information originated. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit using the Service. In particular, you are responsible for ensuring that you do not submit material that (a) is protected by copyright, contains trade secrets or otherwise is subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner; (b) is false or is a misrepresentation; (c) is offensive, unlawful, harmful to minors, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable; or (d) impersonates another person. CreditMyRent.com may in its sole discretion block, prevent delivery of or otherwise remove Submitted Information as part of its effort to protect the Service or its customers, or otherwise enforce the terms of this ToU. Further, CreditMyRent.com may in its sole discretion remove Submitted Information and terminate your account if you submit any information that is in breach of this ToU.
12.4. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) you are solely responsible for, and CreditMyRent.com has no responsibility to you or any third party for any Submitted Information that you submit, post or publish on or through the Service; (b) CreditMyRent.com does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Submitted Information; and (c) CreditMyRent.com is not responsible for any Submitted Information provided by third parties that you may have access to through your use of the Service and all Submitted Information is the responsibility of the person from whom such Submitted Information originated. You acknowledge and agree that (i) CreditMyRent.com has no control over and is not responsible for the use of Submitted Information by its users, including any user that has uploaded Submitted Information to a personal device; and (ii) CreditMyRent.com may not be able to remove Submitted Information that is uploaded onto a user’s device. CreditMyRent.com does not endorse any Submitted Information or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Submitted Information.
12.5. You acknowledge that CreditMyRent.com has the right to update inaccurate Submitted Information provided to us. At CreditMyRent.com’s sole discretion, any Submitted Information may be included in the Service in whole or in part in modified form. In addition, CreditMyRent.com and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Submitted Information that is available via the Service that violates this ToU.
12.6. You acknowledge that your Submitted Information is your sole responsibility. You agree that, under no circumstances, will CreditMyRent.com be liable in any way for any Submitted Information, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Submitted Information, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or distribution of any Submitted Information transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
13. Children.The Service is not directed toward children under 13 years of age, and CreditMyRent.com does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 or allow them to create an account or access account features. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information about yourself to CreditMyRent.com.
14. Impact Estimates.We may use information you submit and data we have to estimate the impact of our Services on your credit report. Any estimate we provide you is for illustration purposes only. Our estimates are based on certain assumptions and use only the data we have, and are neither endorsed by, nor commissioned by, any of our partners, including the credit bureaus. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of any estimates we provide, and we disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions in any such estimates.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
15.1. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
15.2. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CREDITMYRENT.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
15.3. CREDITMYRENT.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR DATA AVAILABLE THROUGH, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF, THE SERVICE.
15.4. CREDITMYRENT.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT
(a) YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING;
(b) THAT OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE;
(c) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
(d) DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; OR
(e) THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
15.5. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE PHONE OR OTHER DEVICE OR ANY LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR OBTAINING SUCH MATERIAL.
Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.16.1. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CreditMyRent.com AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELATED PARTIES”) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR:
- ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR GOODWILL, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF CREDITMYRENT.COM OR THE RELATED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES;
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY;
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR DATA MAINTAINED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE; OR
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA
16.2. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO CASE SHALL THE LIABILITY OF CreditMyRent.com OR ANY OF THE RELATED PARTIES EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, the liability of CreditMyRent.com and the Related Parties shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. Indemnification.You agree to defend, indemnify and hold CreditMyRent.com and the Related Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities damages and losses including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of
(a) your use of the Service; or
(b) your breach of this ToU or any other policies that CreditMyRent.com may issue for the Service from time to time.
18. Governing Law; Jurisdiction.This ToU is governed by Colorado law, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You and CreditMyRent.com agree that, except as otherwise provided in Section 19 below, the state and federal courts located in the County of Denver, Colorado will have exclusive jurisdiction of all disputes arising out of or related to this ToU or your use of the Service and agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of these courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, CreditMyRent.com shall be allowed to apply for equitable remedies (including injunctions) in any jurisdiction.
19. Binding Arbitration.19.1. Arbitration Procedures. You and CreditMyRent.com agree that, except as provided in Section 19.4 below, all disputes, controversies and claims related to this ToU (each a “Claim”), shall be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration, which may be initiated by either party by sending a written notice requesting arbitration to the other party. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. The arbitration will be conducted under the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS that are in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated (the “JAMS Rules”) and under the terms set forth in this ToU. In the event of a conflict between the terms set forth in this Section 19 and the JAMS Rules, the terms in this Section 19 will control and prevail.
Except as otherwise set forth in Section 19.4, you may seek any remedies available to you under federal, state or local laws in an arbitration action. As part of the arbitration, both you and CreditMyRent.com will have the opportunity for discovery of non-privileged information that is relevant to the Claim. The arbitrator will provide a written statement of the arbitrator’s decision regarding the Claim, the award given and the arbitrator’s findings and conclusions on which the arbitrator’s decision is based. The determination of whether a Claim is subject to arbitration shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Except as otherwise provided in this ToU, (a) you and CreditMyRent.com may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator; and (b) the arbitrator’s decision shall be final, binding on all parties and enforceable in any court that has jurisdiction, provided that any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to follow applicable law.
19.2. Location. The arbitration will take place in Denver, Colorado, unless you opt for video, phone or internet connection appearances.
19.3. Limitations. You and CreditMyRent.com agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Claim between CreditMyRent.coms and you individually. YOU AND CREDITMYRENT.COM AGREE THAT (a) THERE IS NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY DISPUTE TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS-ACTION BASIS OR TO UTILIZE CLASS ACTION PROCEDURES; (b) THERE IS NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY DISPUTE TO BE BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL; AND (c) NO ARBITRATION SHALL BE JOINED WITH ANY OTHER ARBITRATION.
19.4. Exceptions to Arbitration. You and CreditMyRent.com agree that the following Claims are not subject to the above provisions concerning negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Claim seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of CreditMyRent.coms’ intellectual property rights; (b) any Claim related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for equitable relief. In addition to the foregoing, either party may assert an individual action in small claims court for Claims that are within the scope of such court’s jurisdiction in lieu of arbitration.
19.5. Arbitration Fees. If you initiate arbitration for a Claim, you will need to pay the JAMS arbitration initiation fee. If we are initiating arbitration for a Claim, we will pay all costs charged by JAMS for initiating the arbitration. All other fees and costs of the arbitration will be charged pursuant to the JAMS Rules.
19.6. Severability. You and CreditMyRent.com agree that if any portion of this Section 19 is found illegal or unenforceable (except any portion of Section 19.4), that portion shall be severed and the remainder of the section shall be given full force and effect. If Section 19.4 is found to be illegal or unenforceable then neither you nor CreditMyRent.com will elect to arbitrate any Claim falling within that portion of Section 19.4 found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Claim shall be exclusively decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of Denver, Colorado, United States of America, and you and CreditMyRent.com agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
20.1. ToU Revisions. This ToU may only be revised in a writing signed by CreditMyRent.com, or published by CreditMyRent.com on the Site.
20.2. No Partnership. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and CreditMyRent.com as a result of this ToU or your use of the Service.
20.3. Assignment. CreditMyRent.com may assign its rights under this ToU to any person or entity without your consent. The rights granted to you under this ToU may not be assigned without CreditMyRent.coms’ prior written consent, and any attempted unauthorized assignment by you shall be null and void.
20.4. Severability. If any part of this ToU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then that portion shall be severed, and the remainder of the ToU shall be given full force and effect.
20.5. Attorneys’ Fees. In the event any litigation or arbitration is brought by either party in connection with this ToU, except as otherwise provided in Section 19.5, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the reasonable costs, attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
20.6. No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any provision of this ToU shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provision, nor in any way affect our right to enforce the same provision at a later time. An express waiver by CreditMyRent.com of any provision, condition or requirement of this ToU shall not be understood as a waiver of your obligation to comply with the same provision, condition or requirement at a later time.
20.7. Notices. All notices given by you or required under this ToU shall be in writing and sent to help@CreditMyRent.com.
20.10. Entire Agreement. This ToU, including the documents referenced in this ToU, constitutes the entire agreement between you and CreditMyRent.com with respect to the Service and supersedes any and all prior agreements between you and CreditMyRent.com relating to the Service.
All furnishers of consumer reports must comply with all applicable regulations. Information about applicable regulations currently in effect can be found at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website,
NOTICE TO FURNISHERS OF INFORMATION: OBLIGATIONS OF FURNISHERS UNDER THE FCRA. The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U.S.C. 1681-1681y, imposes responsibilities on all persons who furnish information to consumer reporting agencies (CRAs). These responsibilities are found in Section 623 of the FCRA, 15 U.S.C. 1681s-2. State law may impose additional requirements on furnishers. All furnishers of information to CRAs should become familiar with the applicable laws and may want to consult with their counsel to ensure that they are in compliance. The text of the FCRA is available at the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore. A list of the sections of the FCRA cross-referenced to the U.S. Code is at the end of this document.
Section 623 imposes the following duties upon furnishers:
21. Accuracy Guidelines. The FCRA requires furnishers to comply with federal regulations dealing with the accuracy of information provided to CRAs by furnishers. Federal regulations and guidelines are available at www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore. Section 623(e).
22. General Prohibition on Reporting Inaccurate Information. The FCRA prohibits information furnishers from providing information to a CRA that they know or have reasonable cause to believe is inaccurate. However, the furnisher is not subject to this general prohibition if it clearly and conspicuously specifies an address to which consumers may write to notify the furnisher that certain information is inaccurate. Section 623(a)(1)(A) and (a)(1)(C).
23. Duty to Correct and Update Information. If at any time a person who regularly and in the ordinary course of business furnishes information to one or more CRAs determines that the information provided is not complete or accurate, the furnisher must provide complete and accurate information to the CRA. In addition, the furnisher must notify all CRAs that received the information of any corrections, and must thereafter report only the complete and accurate information. Section 623(a)(2).
24. Duties After Notice of Dispute from Consumer. If a consumer notifies a furnisher, at an address specified by the furnisher for such notices, that specific information is inaccurate, and the information is, in fact, inaccurate, the furnisher must thereafter report the correct information to CRAs. Section 623(a)(1)(B).
If a consumer notifies a furnisher that the consumer disputes the completeness or accuracy of any information reported by the furnisher, the furnisher may not subsequently report that information to a CRA without providing notice of the dispute. Section 623(a)(3).
Furnishers must comply with federal regulations that identify when an information furnisher must investigate a dispute made directly to the furnisher by a consumer. Under these regulations, furnishers must complete an investigation within 30 days (or 45 days, if the consumer later provides relevant additional information) unless the dispute is frivolous or irrelevant or comes from a “credit repair organization.” Section 623(a)(8). Federal regulations are available at www.consumerfinance.gov. Section 623(a)(8).
25. Duties After Notice of Dispute from Consumer Reporting Agency. If a CRA notifies a furnisher that a consumer disputes the completeness or accuracy of information provided by the furnisher, the furnisher has a duty to follow certain procedures. The furnisher must:
● Conduct an investigation and review all relevant information provided by the CRA, including information given to the CRA by the consumer. Section 623(b)(1)(A) and (b)(1)(B)
● Report the results to the CRA that referred the dispute, and, if the investigation establishes that the information was, in fact, incomplete or inaccurate, report the results to all CRAs to which the furnisher provided the information that compile and maintain files on a nationwide basis. Section 623(b)(1)(C) and (b)(1)(D).
● Complete the above steps within 30 days from the date the CRA receives the dispute (or 45 days, if the consumer later provides relevant additional information to the CRA). Section 623(b)(2).
● Promptly modify or delete the information, or block its reporting. Section 623(b)(1)(E).
26. Duty to Report Voluntary Closing of Credit Accounts:If a consumer voluntarily closes a credit account, any person who regularly and in the ordinary course of business furnished information to one or more CRAs must report this fact when it provides information to CRAs for the time period in which the account was closed. Section 623(a)(4).
27. Duty to Report Dates of Delinquencies:If a furnisher reports information concerning a delinquent account placed for collection, charged to profit or loss, or subject to any similar action, the furnisher must, within 90 days after reporting the information, provide the CRA with the month and the year of the commencement of the delinquency that immediately preceded the action, so that the agency will know how long to keep the information in the consumer’s file. Section 623(a)(5)
Any person, such as a debt collector, that has acquired or is responsible for collecting delinquent accounts and that reports information to CRAs may comply with the requirements of Section 623(a)(5) (until there is a consumer dispute) by reporting the same delinquency date previously reported by the creditor. If the creditor did not report this date, they may comply with the FCRA by establishing reasonable procedures to obtain and report delinquency dates, or, if a delinquency date cannot be reasonably obtained, by following reasonable procedures to ensure that the date reported precedes the date when the account was placed for collection, charged to profit or loss, or subjected to any similar action. Section 623(a)(5).
28. Duties of Financial Institutions When Reporting Negative InformationFinancial institutions that furnish information to “nationwide” consumer reporting agencies, as defined in Section 603(p), must notify consumers in writing if they may furnish or have furnished negative information to a CRA. Section 623(a)(7). The CFPB has prescribed model disclosures, 12 CFR Part 222, App.B.
29. Duties When Furnishing Medical Information. A furnisher whose primary business is providing medical services, products, or devices (and such furnisher’s agents or assignees) is a medical information furnisher for the purposes of the FCRA and must notify all CRAs to which it reports of this fact. Section 623(a)(9). This notice will enable CRAs comply with their duties under Section 604(g) when reporting medical information.
30. Duties When ID Theft Occurs All furnishers must have in place reasonable procedures to respond to notifications from CRAs that information furnished is the result of identity theft, and to prevent refurnishing the information in the future. A furnisher may not furnish information that a consumer has identified as resulting from identity theft unless the furnisher subsequently knows or is informed by the consumer that the information is correct. Section 623(a)(6). If a furnisher learns that it has furnished inaccurate information due to identity theft, it must notify each CRA of the correct information and must thereafter report only complete and accurate information. Section 623(a)(2). When any furnisher of information is notified pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 605B that a debt has resulted from identity theft, the furnisher may not sell, transfer, or place for collection the debt except in certain limited circumstances. Section 615(f).
31. The CFPB’s website, www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore, has more information about the FCRA, including publications for businesses and the full text of the FCRA.Citations for FCRA sections in the U.S. Code, 15 U.S. C § 1681 et seq.:
● Section 602 15 U.S.C. 1681
● Section 603 15 U.S.C. 1681a
● Section 604 15 U.S.C. 1681b
● Section 605 15 U.S.C. 1681c
● Section 605A 15 U.S.C. 1681c-1
● Section 605B 15 U.S.C. 1681c-2
● Section 606 15 U.S.C. 1681d
● Section 607 15 U.S.C. 1681e
● Section 608 15 U.S.C. 1681f
● Section 609 15 U.S.C. 1681g
● Section 610 15 U.S.C. 1681h
● Section 611 15 U.S.C. 1681i
● Section 612 15 U.S.C. 1681j
● Section 613 15 U.S.C. 1681k
● Section 614 15 U.S.C. 1681l
● Section 615 15 U.S.C. 1681m
● Section 616 15 U.S.C. 1681n
● Section 617 15 U.S.C. 1681o
● Section 618 15 U.S.C. 1681p
● Section 619 15 U.S.C. 1681q
● Section 620 15 U.S.C. 1681r
● Section 621 15 U.S.C. 1681s
● Section 622 15 U.S.C. 1681s-1
● Section 623 15 U.S.C. 1681s-2
● Section 624 15 U.S.C. 1681t
● Section 625 15 U.S.C. 1681u
● Section 626 15 U.S.C. 1681v
● Section 627 15 U.S.C. 1681w
● Section 628 15 U.S.C. 1681x
● Section 629 15 U.S.C. 1681y